- You are the Traveler and Kompas Holidays International (dba as Kompas America, Kompas Holidays, Kompas Vacations, Kompas USA or Kompas), hereinafter “Kompas” is the Sales Company. You purchasing and paying any travel service or arrangement from Kompas or an intermediary constitutes a contractual arrangement between you and Kompas. You must be at least 18 years of age to book and pay any travel service or arrangement with Kompas. You accept and confirm that you have the authority to make and pay your booking, and accept these Kompas Terms and Conditions for yourself and for everyone else in your booking.
- Kompas does not accept children under the age of 8 on its cruises or tours.
- You are advised that these Kompas Terms and Conditions are subject to change prior to booking. You should consult or request the latest version of the Kompas Terms and Conditions on the Kompas website or from your travel consultant when you make your booking.
- How to make a reservation: Please contact your travel consultant, call Kompas at 800-233-6422 or 954-771-9200, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Deposit & payment: A non-refundable, non-transferable, per person, per vacation deposit of $200 per person is required at the time of booking. The deposit forms part of your final payment which is due in full at least 45 days prior to departure. If we do not receive final payment by that time, your reservation cancels and full cancellation penalties apply. In the case of billing errors, we reserve the right to re-invoice you with the correct pricing. Some travel arrangements may require additional deposits. In such instances, you will be advised thereof at the time of booking. Only your Kompas invoice confirms that your payment is processed and that your booking is accepted.
- You are solely responsible for verifying that everything, including but not limited to dates, travel components, services, names and address on your invoice and travel documents, is accurate and complete. You have to notify Kompas within 5 days of receiving your invoice of any errors or discrepancies. Corrections are subject to possible fees and penalties which you may have to pay. Kompas cannot and will not accept any responsibility or liability for non-reported errors and inaccuracies.
- Forms of payment: Kompas accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, money orders, wire- and bank transfers, and certified checks. Credit card payments may require a completed Kompas Credit Card Authorization Form. On board our cruise ships, only cash payments in Croatian Kuna are accepted.
- A revision fee of $30 is charged for each alteration or revision to your booking. A change of tour date or tour itinerary within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and will result in a new booking; regular cancellation fees and penalties will apply.
- Bookings made within 30 days of departure will incur a special handling fee of $50.00 and must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Cancellations must be communicated to Kompas in writing.
- 46+ days prior to commencement of service: full deposit
- 45-31 days prior to commencement of service: 35% of total price
- 30-15 days prior to commencement of service: 50% of total price
- 14-0 day(s) prior to commencement of service: 100% of total price
- 90+ days prior to commencement of service: full deposit
- 89-60 days prior to commencement of service: 35% of total price
- 60-46 days prior to commencement of service: 50% of total price
- 45-0 days prior to commencement of service: 100% of total price
- No refunds will be made for unused services once travel arrangements have commenced.
- Tips and gratuities are not included in the fare you have paid. Your invoice will state what is included in the fare you have paid. All other expenses and charges are extra and they are your responsibility to pay them locally. Those non-included charges may include but are not limited to phone calls, mini bar consumption, laundry, alcohol, optional excursions, sundries, medical expenses, vaccinations, insurance, certain meals, certain fees, beverage consumed onboard our cruise ships.
- Locally purchased (optional) excursions are subject to Terms and Conditions from the local vendor. Kompas cannot and will not accept responsibility or liability for the services provided by local vendors.
- If after returning from the tour or cruise you wish to inquire about any component or service provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to that component or service is received by Kompas within 30 days after the tour or cruise completion date.
- A valid passport, with an expiration date longer than 6 months after the date of return, is required of all passengers. All passengers, regardless of nationality or passport they hold, must check with the appropriate consulates or government authorities if any visas, formalities or approvals are needed or have to be submitted or filed. Securing any needed visas and complying with travel rules and formalities is solely your responsibility, and not Kompas’. Kompas cannot and will not accept any responsibility or liability related to your failure to prepare and comply with those.
- Kompas reserves the right to reject any person as a tour or cruise participant and to expel from the tour or cruise any participant whose conduct is deemed incompatible with the interests of the tour or cruise group. Kompas shall not refund the expelled passenger’s fare or part thereof. Kompas cannot and will not accept any responsibility or liability from and for an expelled passenger. Kompas cannot and will not reimburse any costs incurred by the expelled passenger. Kompas reserves the right to recover, from the expelled passenger, any and all costs Kompas incurred as a result of the expelled passenger’s actions.
- Tour and cruise participants must comply with all regional, national and local health directives and requirements. It is solely your, and not Kompas’ responsibility to prepare, and comply with all health requirements and directives. Kompas cannot and will not accept any liability for your failure to prepare and comply with those. If you encounter a medical issue, you must seek care. Kompas may quarantine or remove ill passengers from the cruise or tour if there is a risk or a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Kompas cannot and will not accept responsibility or liability for quarantining or removal of ill passengers.
- Any disability requiring special attention must be reported to and requested from Kompas at the time of booking. Kompas will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled tour participants, but is not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, lodges, restaurants, or other independent suppliers, nor any additional expenses incurred. Motor coaches and minibuses are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. We regret we cannot provide individual assistance to a tour member for walking, dining, getting on/off motor coaches and other transportation vehicles, or other personal needs. Travelers who need assistance must be accompanied by a qualified and physically able companion. Motorized scooters are unsuitable for touring or cruising.
- Dietary and allergy requests must be submitted to Kompas at the time of making your reservation. And while Kompas will transmit those requests to the hotels, restaurants and other service providers, they are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- The provisions and limitations of the Athens Convention Relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their luggage by Sea, 1947 (the “Athens Convention”) and the International Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976 (the “1976 Convention”) are hereby incorporated on this Passenger Ticket Contract by this reference. Where the terms of this Passenger Ticket Contract conflict with any applicable mandatory provision of law or international convention, including, where applicable, the Strasbourg Convention on the Limitation of Liability in Inland Navigation, 1988 (the “CLNI Convention”), the provisions of that law or convention prevail.
- In case of any and all unforeseen circumstances during your tour or cruise including but not limited to: weather conditions, low or high waters, lock schedules, acts of God, government actions, political turmoil, disease, strikes, terrorism, general break down of equipment, closures or black outs of certain attractions listed in the program or similar, we as the agent of the Owners/Operators of various vessels or vehicles offered in our programs reserve the absolute right to change and/or alter any specific sailing date or tour departure, or a series of departure dates including implementing any of the following; a) substituting vessels of same or similar quality, b) operating portions of the sailing program via motor coach/ hotel accommodations to replace boat schedules, c) substituting listed attractions with those of same or similar quality without prior notice, using alternative routes, substituting or canceling ports of call, visits, attractions, meals and excursions. The vessel operators also reserve the right to cancel any particular sailing date or series of departures, for reasons outlined above, lack of participation or for any other reasons beyond their control. In the unlikely event of a cancelled sailing date or tour, in conjunction with the vessel owners/operators, we reserve the right to offer an alternate date or dates within the same sailing season or tour without further liability. If not acceptable to passengers for appropriate reasons, we reserve the right to extend full credit for monies received for a cancelled sailing or tour and apply it to any other sailing dates, tour and destinations. If none of the alternatives are workable, the limit of our and the vessel owner/operator responsibility will be the refund of all monies received for the cancelled sailing or tour within 60 days of the final written cancellation received from the partner/passenger. Under no circumstances will we or the owners/operators of vessels be liable for any expenses not paid through us, including any airfares, delays, cancellations or changes and any ticketing fees that may be applied due to such changes, any additional ground transportation or extra accommodation surcharges, travel insurance, visa fees, taxes, psychological trauma and/or lost business income or revenue, or other incidental expenses incurred to the Passenger as a result of our or vessel owner/operator cancellation of a specific sailing or series of sailings.
- Please be aware that during your participation in tours or cruises operated by Kompas or its agents, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control including, but not limited to, the hazards of traveling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, motor coach, train, automobile, aircraft or other means of transportation; the forces of nature, political unrest and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. Kompas will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. It is understood that Kompas will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken.
- Kompas strongly recommends you purchase travel and other insurance to cover cancellation charges, trip interruption, medical, accident, baggage and other losses, expenses and damages. Kompas accepts no responsibility for damage or loss of baggage or other personal property.
- Hotel and cruise porterage of one suitcase per passenger is usually included in your cruise or tour fare. Porterage in ports, airports, train stations and other transit areas are not included and you will be required to carry your own luggage there.
- While Kompas will make every possible endeavor to provide the advertised accommodation, they are not guaranteed and may, in rare instances, be substituted. In addition, the type of bedding preference cannot be guaranteed. Check-in times vary and are not controlled or guaranteed by Kompas. The availability of air conditioning is not guaranteed and is not controlled by Kompas.
- Kompas may collect and pass on your personal information and other details to hotels, cruise ships, authorities and suppliers in advance of your travel. You and only you are responsible to provide accurate personal information and other details to Kompas. You give Kompas explicit authorization to pass on your personal information and other details even when you travel to a destination with less stringent data and privacy laws.
- You must provide Kompas with the contact details of a non-traveling contact. In the unlikely event that an emergency arises, Kompas will liaise with your designated non-traveling contact. You are requested to also provide Kompas with your email and travel phone number. Kompas or its representative will only use those rare and necessitating instances while you travel.
- Smoking is not allowed on motor coaches. On cruise ships smoking is only allowed in designated areas. Smoking may also not be allowed in certain hotels. Kompas does not control the smoking policies of its contracted vendors and suppliers. Any possession or consumption of illegal drugs will result in an immediate expulsion of the Kompas cruise of tour and may result in prosecution by the local authorities. Kompas shall not refund the expelled passenger’s fare or part thereof. Kompas cannot and will not accept any responsibility or liability from and for an expelled passenger. Kompas cannot and will not reimburse any costs incurred by the expelled passenger. Kompas reserves the right to recover, from the expelled passenger, any and all costs Kompas incurred as a result of the expelled passenger’s actions
- English is the language used on all of Kompas’ cruises and tours.
- Kompas and/or its agents act only in the capacity of agent for the passengers in all matters pertaining to the tour or cruise, whether by plane, rail, motor coach, ferry, cruise boat or any other means of conveyance. Kompas shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss caused by neglect or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the tour, cruise or any hotel proprietor or other person supplying services or material in connection with the tour or cruise. Kompas reserves the right to withdraw a tour or cruise, refuse to accept or retain any person as a member of a tour or cruise at any time, or to make changes in the published itinerary, whenever in their sole judgment conditions warrant or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience or safety of the passengers. All prices are based on tariffs in effect at the same time of publication, and are subject to reconfirmation at the time of booking. Refunds, if any, for any portion of the tours or cruises not taken or delivered, will be made by the operator on the cancelled portion, less the expenses incurred in the handling. All requests for refund of unused or undelivered services, etc. must be sent to Kompas and/or its booking agent, in writing, no later than 30 days after completion of the relevant program. Kompas shall be released from any liability under the guarantee to such participant who does not file a timely claim.
- You agree that neither Kompas, nor any of its suppliers or contractors shall be liable for any damage, loss (including but not limited to personal injury, death, property loss or other damage), or expense related to any act or omission of Kompas or any of its suppliers or contractors.
- Any dispute between you and Kompas shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
Per person, per tour, cancellation fees for tours and land packages apply as follows:
Per person, per cruise, cancellation fees apply as follows:
“Commencement of Service” is the first date on which a Kompas service begins. Certain travel arrangements have more stringent cancellation penalties, fees and deadlines. You will be advised of those at the time of booking and they will be noted on your Kompas invoice.
Cancellation charges apply to extra hotel nights and services before and after your Kompas tour(s) or cruise(s). Optional tours purchased prior or during your Kompas tour(s) or cruise(s) are non-refundable.
If Kompas cancels a tour or a cruise, Kompas will re-book you on the same tour or cruise with a different departure date, or on a similar tour or cruise with the same or a different departure date. All re-bookings are subject to availability. If the alternative tour, cruise or departure date is unacceptable to you, Kompas will refund all monies Kompas received related to the unacceptable booking. Kompas cannot and will not assume any liability or responsibility related to a canceled vacation arrangement. Kompas cannot and will not reimburse you for any costs or fees relating to but not limited to the purchase and/or cancellation of air tickets or other travel arrangements not made through Kompas.
NOTE: Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.